Partner Work in Indonesian Dance

We never know the impact we have on others. Liam a little boy came up today before class and handed me a card he had made. The little card was sealed with a little smiley face sticker, in the card he thanked me for teaching him the ‘yarn-ball rolling thing!!!’ That card is so precious to me! It gives me a glimpse of the impact we have on others and how we can be a force for good.
Indonesian

We practiced perfecting our Indonesian dance, they are really good at the clapping section (some still aren’t really getting it and others are never on the right count). Now they follow me for all the steps, but when they do the steps they look really good! At the end they do their secret handshake and end in a pose with their friend, then as a group they show their favorite move to another couple and then watch them dance back to them. I thought I had explained it clearly, but then learned again that giving specific examples is the best way to go. We successfully finished the dance off with the students making more choices with their partner and in turn strengthening their relationship with their partner. Next time will be their performance for the other 2nd grade class!

Comments