Indonesian Performance!

“At first I was nervous and didn’t want to dance but then I had fun.”

The 2nd graders performed for their peers today! When I first went into the class they were a little rambunctious and when we went to a new room to dance in they were definitely excited and less focused. However we talked about how we might be feeling nervous but if we focus on what we are doing we will do a good job and won’t forget. All of the students danced and they didn’t even do silly things because their friends were there. I loved seeing their concentration as they danced and I saw a few really focusing on smiling, something we practiced last week. My favorite quote was after we danced and a little boy raised his hand and said “At first I was nervous and didn’t want to dance but then I had fun.” I hope the students recognize that they can do hard things and even have fun doing them!
Here is the video of their performance: https://youtu.be/fihx-HbKQXU

After they performed I let them celebrate their hard work by dancing to fun music with scarves. I love seeing the true bliss they feet as they danced their happy dance!

Comments